|OWNER OF THE WEBSITE
|COMPANY NAME: CD PRODUCTS S.A.
|TAX ID NUMBER (CIF): A78421377
|COMPANY ADDRESS: C/ KANNA 2, LOCAL 3, 28400, COLLADO VILLALBA, MADRID
|DATA IN COMMERCIAL REGISTER:
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who is responsible for handling your data?
CD PRODUCTS S.A.
TAX ID NUMBER: A78421377
BUSINESS ADDRESS: C/ KANNA 2, LOCAL 3, 28400, COLLADO VILLALBA, MADRID
|Data of DPO:
|GRUPO ADAPTALIA – LEGAL FORMATIVO S.L.
|C/Goya 115, 28009, Madrid
91 553 34 08
What is your personal data used for?
At C.D. PRODUCTS S.A., we use the information provided to manage the contractual relationship that pertains to us, send the information requested from us, facilitate offers about our services and products of interest to interested parties and / or manage your application.
How long do we keep your data?
Your data will be kept the minimum time necessary to properly provide the service offered, as well as to meet the responsibilities that may arise thereof and regarding any other legal requirement.
What is the legitimation to handle your data?
The legal basis to treat personal data may be the execution of a potential and/or subscribed contractual relationship, a legitimate interest, legal empowerment or the consent of the interested party. The data that we request is adequate, relevant and strictly necessary and in no case are you obligated to provide it, but not communicating this information may affect the performance of the service or may cause an inability to provide it.
To whom is your data communicated?
CD PRODUCTS S.A. shall not communicate your data to any third party, unless this is expressly authorized.
What are your rights when you give us your data?
The data protection rights of the interested parties are:
•Right to request access to personal data relating to the interested party
•Right to correct or delete data
•Right of opposition
•Right to request the limitation of its treatment
•Right to data portability
The owners of the personal data obtained may exercise their personal data protection rights by sending a communication in writing to the business address of CD PRODUCTS S.A. or to the email enabled for this purpose, firstname.lastname@example.org, including in both cases a photocopy of their ID or other equivalent identification document.
Models, forms and more information about your rights can be found on the website of the national control authority, Spanish Data Protection Agency, hereinafter AEPDwww.agpd.es
Can I withdraw any consent?
You have the possibility and right to withdraw consent for any specific purpose granted, without affecting the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
Where can you make a complaint if you consider that your data was not treated correctly?
If an interested party believes its data is not handled correctly by C.D. PRODUCTS S.A., complaints may be forwarded to the email email@example.com or the appropriate data protection authority, the AEPD, www.agpd.es
Security and update of your personal data
In order to safeguard the security of your personal data, we inform you that C.D. PRODUCTS S.A. has adopted all technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the personal data provided. This is done to prevent its alteration, loss, and/or unauthorized handling or access, as required by the law, although there is no absolute security.
It is important, so that we can keep your personal information updated, to inform us if there are any changes in the data.
C.D. PRODUCTS S.A. hereby informs you that your data will be treated with maximum care and confidentiality by all personnel involved in any stage. We will not give nor will we communicate your data to any third party except in the cases legally foreseen, or if you have expressly authorized us.
Can I make a return?
In compliance with Law 3/2014, you are entitled to return any item in a maximum period of 14 natural days from the date it is received, provided it is still in its original packaging with all accessories, and the product has not been used or unsealed. If the return period concludes on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, this timeframe will extend to the next working day.
If a customer changes his mind and requires a return, the shipping expenses will be paid by the customer, despite having enjoyed free postage.
Breathalyzers of personal or professional use, as well as personal health products, cannot be returned unsealed for sanitation reasons.
If you want to return a product in a period 14 natural days after its purchase, but you have unsealed it and tested it – decreasing the value of the product so it cannot be resold as new – you will not receive a complete refund for the product. A minimum depreciation of 5% will be applied, but it may go up to 60% depending on the wear or use of the item. The estimation will be carried out by our technical service department once we receive the item in our facilities.
How do I carry out a return?
To return a product, please contact us using the contact form in our web page or call our Customer Service telephone number 902 10 40 60 and you will receive precise instructions.
Can I cancel an order?
You may cancel an order provided it hasn’t been shipped yet. If the order has been processed and shipped, you must wait to receive it and then proceed to make a return. To do this, you must fulfil the conditions set forth for the return.
What are the shipping and handling costs?
The shipping and handling costs vary depending on the order. It may depend on the weight and size of the package and the sending address.
Approximate shipping fees according to destination (without including taxes)
Spain (Peninsula and Balearic Islands) and Portugal
Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla
USA and Canada
Latin America, Asia and others
Shipping and handling
3 – 5 €
5 – 15 €
10 – 16 €
10 – 16 €
5 – 10 €
15 – 20 €
15- 35 €
25 – 38 €
35 – 45 €
3 – 15 días
3 – 15 días
3 – 15 días
3 – 15 días
3 – 15 días
Mail / Nacex / MRW / UPS
Mail / Nacex / MRW / UPS
FedEx / Spring
FedEx / Spring
FedEx / Spring
I want to receive the order soon, do you have urgent shipping?
When you make a purchase, there is a step where you must indicate the type of shipping you wish to use. By default you will see Economic Transport, but you may also select Urgent Shipping. The shipping costs will increase by a small amount, but we guarantee you will receive your purchase in a period of 24–48 hours.
Which are the delivery periods?
The delivery period may be from 1 to 7 days depending on the destination. This includes working days Monday through Friday. If you make a purchase after 13:00h, the delivery period will begin to count on the following day because transport agencies have already picked up our packages. No deliveries are carried out on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Can I download my invoice online?
If you want an invoice, you may download an invoice of your order in PDF. To do this, start a session in our web and go to “My account”. Go to “My orders” to see a record of your purchases. In the “Invoice” column, click on the PDF file you wish to download.
Registered users who register or who have logged in, benefit from a more personalized and targeted services to their profile, thanks to the combination of the data stored in cookies with personal data used at the time of registration. Such users expressly authorize the use of this information for these purposes, without prejudice to their right to refuse or disable cookies.
Also, CDP can know all the services requested by users, so that may facilitate or offer suitable to the tastes and preferences of each users information.
a) Type, purpose and functioning of Cookies
Cookies, in terms of their state, may be divided into “session cookies” and “permanent”. The first they expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire when the objective function for serving (for example, to keep the user identified in Name Services) or when manually deleted is fulfilled.
Additionally, depending on your goal, Cookies can be categorized as follows:
- Performance cookies : This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found in services, so you do not need to reconfigure the service each time you visit. For example, in this type they include:
– Adjusting volume of audio or video players. – The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location cookies: These cookies are used to find out which country is when a service is requested. This cookie is completely anonymous and is only used to help guide the content of its location.
- Registration Cookies: Cookies log generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened its session, and are used to identify the services with the following objectives:
– Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day re-enter the service, continue identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to identify themselves. This functionality can be deleted if the user presses the function “log” so that this cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the service the user must log in to be connected.
– Check whether the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytical Cookies: Each time a user visits a service, a tool of an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and the like may be added to this list in the event of changes in relation to current) generates an analytic cookie on your computer user. This Cookie is generated only during the visit, will in future visits to the name services to anonymously identify visitors. The main objectives pursued are:
– Allow anonymous users identify sailors through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and hence the approximate counting the number of visitors and their trend over time.
– Identify the most visited anonymously content and thus more attractive to users.
– Whether the user accessing new or repeat visit.
Important: Unless the user decides to register a service name, the “Cookie” will never associated with any personal data that can identify you. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimize the user experience on the site.
– ComScore: http: /www.comscore.com/esl/About_comScore/Privacy_Policy
– Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/intl/es/policies/privacy/
- Advertising Cookies: This type of “Cookies” can extend the ad information displayed to the anonymous user in the Name Services. Among others, the duration or frequency display advertising positions, interacting with them, or browsing patterns and / or user and magazines that help shape a profile of advertising interest is stored. Thus, advertising can offer related to user interests.
- Third party advertising cookies: In addition to advertising run by the Web Services in their name, CDP offers advertisers the option to serve ads through third parties (“ad servers”). Thus, these third parties may store cookies sent from the Service Name from the browsers of users and access data stored in them.
Companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies. Currently, the Web platform name used Real Media and Weborama to manage these services:
For more information, contact:
– Real Media: http://www.realmedia.com/en-us/pages/privacy_policy.html
– Weborama: http://www.weborama.com/e-privacy/our-commitment/
b) How to disable cookies in major browsers?
Normally it is possible to stop the browser accept cookies, or stop accepting cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change Cookies settings. These settings typically found in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser. You can also configure your browser or email manager and install free add-ons to prevent Web bugs are downloaded when you open an email.
CDP provides guidance on the steps to access the configuration menu of cookies and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the major browsers:
– Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, consult the Microsoft support or Help browser.
– Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom settings.
– Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
– Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, consult the Apple support or Help browser.
c) Third Party Information (if there were advertisers or third party cookies)
The third-party cookies on our website are:
The website name can change this Policy Cookies based on laws, regulations, or in order to adapt the policy to the instructions dictated by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so users are advised legislative requirements that visit periodically.
When significant changes are made in this Policy Cookies, users will be communicated either through the web or through email to registered users.